Applying For a Home
Choosing a home an important decision and at BHA we want to make it as easy as we can for you.
Here’s how in 3 easy steps:
1. Register with us
- Fill in a registration form, available from any of our local housing offices or, you can enter your details on the homehunt website (www.homehunt.info).
2. Choose from any home and location advertised. Details of available BHA homes appear in:
- The Berwickshire News and Berwick Advertiser.
- On display in our housing offices.
- On the homehunt website or
- Freephone 08000 587 4868 and listen to recorded information about our available homes.
3. Tell us
- Apply for it by telling us your registration number and the property’s address, you can do so in person at any of our local offices, by phone, by post, or online. Make sure you apply before the closing date and time specified in the advert. Then what? We will consider you for that property.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
Choose a property that is suitable to your needs – a family of six in a single flat or a young mum in sheltered housing would not be suitable. While you can apply for as many advertised homes as you want at the same time, we will assume the first choice you make is your preference. So put your top choice first and so on.