Customer Accounts Assistant – (Maternity Cover up to 12 months)
Predominately Based at Duns but also Eyemouth
Grade 3 – £16,482 – 20,602
35 hours per week Monday – Friday
We are looking for a Customer Accounts Assistant to work within our Customer Services Department. The main purpose of the Customer Accounts Team is to minimise current and former debt and help tenants to successfully maintain their tenancies.
- Monitor tenants’ rent payments weekly and act to recover lower end arrears, former tenant arrears and other tenancy related debts effectively and efficiently in accordance with approved policies and procedures and ensure outgoing tenants are aware of their outstanding financial commitment to the Association.
- Provide an efficient and welcoming point of contact for the Association with the ability to deal with written, text, telephone and personal customer enquiries.
- Deal with initial enquiries from customers in relation to benefits advice working closely alongside the Financial Inclusion Team and referring when necessary.
- Set up, maintain and control payment arrangements. If arrangements are broken then contact tenant as part of the debt management process.
- Assist Customer Accounts Officers by handling queries when they are out of office.
- Make personal visits to tenants home or other appropriate places to discuss both current and former arrears and other accrued debts and provide appropriate advice and assistance using specialist knowledge.
- Where required ensuring accurate collation and input of information into the Association’s housing management system.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, strong numeracy skills with a high attention to detail. Have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and able to learn new systems quickly.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please download an Application Pack below and complete and return your Application Form to:
Mrs Catherine Wilcox
55 Newtown Street
Marked “Private & Confidential”. Please note we do not accept CV’s as part of your application.
The closing date for this vacancy is Noon on Thursday, 10 August 2017, with interviews being held week commencing 14 August 2017.
If you are unable to download an Application Pack and would like one sending out to you please contact Agnes McLauchlan on 01361 884000.