Marketing and Communications Assistant (Maternity cover up to 12 months)
Full Time – 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Salary Grade 3: £16,482 – £20,602.00
We have an opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Assistant to provide maternity cover within our Central Services Team supporting the Corporate Services Department, based in Duns.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager and working closely with the Executive Assistant and other external agencies the key role of the Marketing and Communications Assistant is to provide high quality administrative assistance in the delivery of our Marketing and Communications Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate the preparation of tenant correspondence, publications and advertising as required meeting deadlines for circulation whilst controlling the organisation’s brand and house style.
- Liaise between external design companies and Executive Assistant to agree content of articles for general press release and present designs of publications.
- Monitor all inbound communication channels and draft responses appropriately.
- Draft general press releases and distribute once approved in line with the Communications Plan.
- Keep website content current, using the sites content management system.
- Support the Executive Assistant to deliver successful events and initiatives.
- Collation and management of information and photographs for use in printed publications.
- Monitor all advice leaflets and information displays in offices to ensure that information is up to date and consistent across the Association.
- Provide admin support to other teams as required; Word processing, photocopying, scanning, filing and phone calls as required.
The ideal candidate should have strong organisational and administrative skills with great attention to detail and the ability to priorities and meet tight deadlines.
Some previous experience of writing and management of content across all channels of communication including website, mobile and social media is essential.
You should be educated to a minimum of Standard Grades at level 1 – 4 (or equivalent), including English or at least two year’s clerical/administration experience.
[Full details of Key responsibilities and person specification can be found in the attached Job Description].
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please download an Application Pack below and complete and return your Application Form to:-
Mrs Catherine Wilcox
55 Newtown Street
Please note we do not accept CV’s as part of your application.
Application pack below:-
The closing date for this vacancy is 5.00 pm on Monday, 8 January 2018 with interviews being held week commencing 15 January 2018.
For informal enquiries please contact Colin Turner, Corporate Services Manager on 01361 884000.
If you are unable to download an Application Pack and would like one sending out to you please contact Lynne Bryce, HR Administrator on 01361 884000.