Our Money Advice service aims to help those tenants who feel they need some assistance, to take control of their financial difficulties.
What is Money Advice? It includes:
- checking your income and welfare benefit entitlement
- helping you organise a personal budget
- giving information about creditors (who you owe money to) and the actions they can take if you do not keep up with payments
- explaining options for dealing with debts
- explaining options to reduce fuel and household costs
- negotiating with creditors on your behalf
- helping you to put a repayment plan in place to deal with your debt
- advising on Money Saving Tips
- helping you to open a bank account
Universal Credit Budgeting Tool
The following link from the Money Advice Service offers practical support and advice if you are claiming Universal Credit and finding it a struggle to manage your finances monthly.
You can find out how to:
- Track your spending
- Keep on top of bills
- Stay out of debt.